Have you ever thought about writing a book? Ever wished you could get a book deal? The statistics show that 81% of people want to write a book.
With over 150,000 books being published every year, it seems as if everybody and anybody is publishing. In fact, the publishing industry has an average 98% rejection rate. And sure, the self-publishing game is an easy out, but most people know that a real book deal from a real publishing house is what builds true credibility in the marketplace.
So how do you become one of those elite authors who has actually gotten a signed book deal from a real publisher?
Susan Baroncini-Moe will share with us her experiences with getting her books published. Be prepared to take notes!
We will talk about:
- How and where to start making things happen.
- How the publishing industry has changed and how it works now.
- What publishers look for in an author.
- What you need in order to get a book deal.
- How to know when an agent is right for you.
- What to include in a book proposal (and what not to include).
- 5 things that will absolutely get your book proposal rejected.